Photoshop CC won't start

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Photoshop CC won't start

Post by Peter Kinross »

Out of the blue Photoshop CC 2015 won't start. I get an error dialog box saying:
"The procedure entry point -- crtCreateSymbolicLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll".
I tried to Uninstall PS CC, but that proved impossible as the uninstall procedure said that there were desktop apps that were using the program so it wouldn't uninstall. Re-booted,tried to un-install again, but got that same error. There is no 'Repair' option either.
I re-installed PS anyway; made no diff still got the same error.
I tried registering the dll, but was told it wouldn't load.
I went to the last image of C: that I had made from August and copied that dll and tried to register that - wouldn't load and PS still didn't start.
I downloaded Adopey's 'AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool' and used it to totally remove all traces of PS. reinstalled it. No diff, still same error. unfortunately, doing all this I will have wiped my recorded macros, but that is the least of my probs. Just cannot get Photoshop to run.
I tried a restore point, but all restore points have been removed (not by me), the only one left is from a MS update today (taking up 450M of an allowed 2.3G), and that is after the problem occurred, which was yesterday.
Can't find anything pertinent on the web. HELP!
Avagr8day, regards, Peter

HansV
Administrator

Re: Photoshop CC won't start

Post by HansV »

The error message indicates that the problem is not in Photoshop CC, but in one of the C/C++ Runtime Libraries. I'd try reinstalling it by running vcredist_x64.exe in the folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSync\customhook

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncV1\customhook
Best wishes,
Hans

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Post by Peter Kinross »

I am usually VERY impressed with your expertise Hans, but this is way over the top.
That .exe wasn't there, but there were 3 of them in other Adobe folders nearby. I ran the 'Repair' option on all three and voila - I now have a working Photoshop.
Hans, I know your knowledge is prodigious, but this is altogether to another level. Unbelievable!
I honestly don't know how to adequately express my appreciation.
ThanksHansStamp.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avagr8day, regards, Peter

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Glad to have been able to help! :smile:
Best wishes,
Hans