Patch Tuesday

HansV
Administrator

Patch Tuesday

Post by HansV »

I was under the impression that Windows 10 would do away with Patch Tuesday since it would be kept up-to-date continuously. Apparently I was mistaken - I received 23 updates about an hour ago (midday Pacific Time), and a restart was required after the updates had been installed...

The restart process went much faster than in previous versions, though, and if you don't restart manually, it'll automatically be scheduled for a time that you're usually not actively using the computer - that's a nice feature.
Best wishes,
Hans

aekyall
4StarLounger

Re: Patch Tuesday

Post by aekyall »

I received a notification asking me to schedule a restart - There was only one update, KB 3081436 - Cumulative update for Windows 10. I wonder if that's because I've only just installed Windows 10 and most of the updates you received were included in my install process? :scratch: Still not found time yet to look deeper into Windows 10, other than use my e-mail and browser at the mo!
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Re: Patch Tuesday

Post by HansV »

Actually, they were mostly Office updates, but also the Windows update that you mentioned, a Flash update, and a Silverlight update.
Best wishes,
Hans