Which format

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Which format

Post by Dave Davison »

When wanting to make a backup copy of a DVD I have found DVDSmith fitted the bill but the latest one I attempted to backup took over an hour so I thought I'd fish for a quicker one and may just have found what I want in WinX DVD Ripper (freebie) but don't know which format to select from the options shown that will enable it to be viewed on the T.V. Advise please..... :scratch: Regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Which format

Post by HansV »

The free version copies the audio/video on a DVD to hard disk. To backup a DVD, you'd need the paid Platinum Edition.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thank Hans, looks like plan B is the way forward; mp4 to hard drive then ConvertX to complete the conversion. Regards Dave.

dasadler
5StarLounger

Post by dasadler »

Hey Dave, how did you crop that screen shot to look like that? As if it was torn off a page?
Don

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Hi Don. Don't know if you are familiar with Faststone Capture, if not just do a search for it on this lounge as there are numerous posts about it. As the screenshot below shows there are numerous options for capturing all or part of what's on screen. To select a portion like the one I uploaded simply select the 5th option from the left and capture it by using the cursor. Other free screen capture progs are also available such as "Screenpresso" which has more features then Faststone as are explained in the thread. :cheers: Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dasadler
5StarLounger

Post by dasadler »

Thanks... Yes, I use FastStone... it's just that your image seemed a little too good to be a freehand cropping. Thanks again, I will experiment with that feature.
Don