another magic forest

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

another magic forest

Post by stuck »

The recent snow here in the UK did wonderful things to the trees along the route I drive to work. It's all gone now but still being an analog photographer means my pictures are a bit behind. This shot was taken at about 08:00 one morning. I hope you enjoy it.

Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by stuck on 10 May 2020, 11:49, edited 3 times in total.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: another magic forest

Post by StuartR »

stuck wrote:... I hope you enjoy it...
I certainly did, thank you.

The forest near my house in Essex also looked rather splendid, but I am the world's worst photographer and have no evidence except for my memories.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Beautiful, thanks!
Best wishes,
Hans

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

stuck wrote:The recent snow here in the UK did wonderful things to the trees along the route I drive to work. It's all gone now but still being an analog photographer means my pictures are a bit behind. This shot was taken at about 08:00 one morning. I hope you enjoy it.
Ken
Hi Ken! Good to see you here! Your picture looks a lot like our landscape when it snows - cold but beautiful! :yep:
Okay I'm curious - I like snapping pics with my digital camera so I am wondering if you mean you are still snapping pics using film? If so, do you also develop your own pics?
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

I like the picture, I spent a lot of time walking through similar landscapes recently, but I always forget to take my camera with me.
Tony

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Yes, I still use film but I don't develop it myself. I use process paid Fujichrome Sensia 200, colour transparency (slide) film and my camera is a 20 year old Pentax SFXn SLR. It may take ages to set up a screen and projector in the living room to look at what comes back in the post but for my money you can't beat looking at pics and sharing memories that way.

I do dream of saving my pennies and buying something like the Nikon D700 or the Canon EOS 5D and some sort of digital projector to recreate the slide show effect but that sort of kit isn't cheap.

Meanwhile, I can make use of a Nikon Coolscan V film scanner here at work if I want to digitise anything. The image posted here as a ~200Kb .jpg is somewhat reduced, the original is a 65Mb .tif.

Ken