User access to programmes

RonH
SilverLounger

User access to programmes

Post by RonH »

One of our pc's has me as admin/prime user and one other separated user. I keep a copy of some of my files on this pc (plus an ext hd) just in case!
I would like the other user to be able to access all the programmes that are installed without having to log onto 'my side' and without having to use a passcode but to still maintain own email, browser, documents, pictures etc completely partitioned. I can't see how to organise this ... Help talks about Microsoft programmes such as emails/Internet etc.

Help please :scratch:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: User access to programmes

Post by stuck »

I don't have Vista but I would expect that any application installed would be available to all users UNLESS the installation routine offers you a choice to 'install for just you or all users' AND you explicitly select the 'only me' choice.

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Yes, you are correct. I obviously had stuffed something up, all OK now. Thanks
But one issue maybe you know something about ...
This Image Resizer
http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/releases/view/82827" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great idea but, on our Vista at least, if you install it then only the No1 user seems to be able to access it. I raised this issue with the programmer and he provided a link but this did not work for me. You can see it in the rt click but it does not function.
See: http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/workitem/7762" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Image resizing? Use IrfanView or Faststone Image Viewer, both are free and do way more than just resizing.

edited to add: search The Lounge for dozens of recommendations and more details on these two apps.

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

But this one is soooo easy to use in those typical situations where you are writing an email and then decide to attach/insert a pic, but not at a huge file size :fanfare: I have used IrfanView & it is a good all-rounder. Nowadays I use Photoshop if I want to do something special.
Have a look at ImageResize, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

JUST RECHECKED THE DOWNLOAD SITE ::: PROBLEM OF MULTI USERS IS FIXED

Maybe we should add this to our 'free software' recommendations. I will be guided by our experts.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

RonH wrote:...in those typical situations where you are writing an email and then decide to attach/insert a pic, but not at a huge file size
then I use 'Save for Web' in Irfanview, it's soooooooo easy :evilgrin:

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

I'm Stuck for words ... can't win them all :cheers:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

Arvel3
NewLounger

Post by Arvel3 »

Thanks for the post!