Managing IE8 Accelerators?

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Managing IE8 Accelerators?

Post by Pilgrim »

Is there a way to add an Accelerator, e.g., "Search with Bing" from the All Accelerators menu to the initial (main) Accelerators Menu? I only have 4 items listed in the "Manage Accelerators" section of "Tools/Manage Add-ons" and none of which are any that appear in the All Accelerators menu, which seems rather odd, although this is another issue.

Here's a screenshot of my main Accelerators menu with the items I currently have enabled. I want to add one or more from the All Accelerators menu list to this menu.
accelerators.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Managing IE8 Accelerators?

Post by HansV »

The "main" Accelerator menu will display the default Accelerator in each category. You can specify the default Accelerator for a category in Manage Add-Ons.

In your example, you have three categories:
- Map (from Accelerators)
- Search (from Search Providers)
- Translate (from Accelerators)

You won't see the other items from these categories in the "main" Accelerator menu. If you add an Accelerator belonging to another category, for example Blog, and designate it as default, it'll appear in the "main" menu.
Best wishes,
Hans

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Post by Pilgrim »

Thanks.... So, it appears that I cannot do what I would like to do, e.g., add "Search with Bing" to the main menu while retaining my current "Search with Google". No big deal, just an extra click of the mouse, but I can't help the desire for convenience. :grin:
Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Who knows - perhaps in Internet Explorer 9...
Best wishes,
Hans