Autopick next

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Autopick next

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello.
When arranging a meeting I have an AutoPick Next button (bottom left) but a colleague doesn't show this button.

Any idea why this might be? She's on a VPN set-up on a laptop, but I'm told it should be identical to her normal
pc configuration.

Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Autopick next

Post by HansV »

AutoPick Next is in the Actions | Plan a Meeting dialog. In the Appointment window, the suggested meeting times are displayed on the right hand side.
Best wishes,
Hans

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

HI.
If I start a new Appointment and press the Scheduling option, AutoPick Next appears at the bottom-left. My colleague doesn't have this option?

(If I start a new Appointment suggested meeting times don't appear on the right-hand side either, although this might be because I've got no contacts?)

Thanks, Andy.

*ADDED* Don't worry, I found the problem. She is on an Exchange server and so Autopick is replaced with suggested times. *ADDED*
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Yep - it's the difference between stand-alone Outlook and Outlook on Exchange.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I use Outlook on Exchange and the Autopick is very well hidden.
  • When I am creating a new appointment I get suggested times on the current day, but no autopick.
  • If I open a meeting request sent to me by someone else and accepted into my diary then I see an "Autopick Next" button
  • If I open a meeting request created by me then I still get suggested times on the current day, but no autopick.
  • If I select "Plan a meeting" from the actions menu then I get an Autopick Next button, but no suggested times
:shrug: :confused:
StuartR