Good changes in Win11 applications

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Good changes in Win11 applications

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Untitled.png
I am busy documenting four laptop systems (using my laptop as a template and reporting on three old systems).
Since I moved to Win11 in February this year I have been annoyed at changes in Windows's own applications that force me to be less efficient.
Today I noted a single change that has lifted my heart.

Since February, in MSPaint when I used Ctrl+E to resize the image, the focus was on the OK button. This morning I see that the focus goes back to the Width button as shown above.
While it is true that this change saves me only two keystrokes, that is two keystrokes over dozens of PrtScr snapshots I might edit in any week.

The aggravtion from February is replaced by today's aggravation, re-learning my old memory because, I suspect, someone screwed up developing Win11 MSPaint a year ago, and they've only just gotten around to fixing it.

The true aggravation comes in having to learn a new sequence of keystrokes, and worse, remember to swap my own memories as I move from one laptop to another.

Maybe Real Soon Now we can have the shortcut keys displayed in menus again (Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V)

Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle