Snipping Tool - This morning my PrtScr key refused to PrtScr - Solved.

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Snipping Tool - This morning my PrtScr key refused to PrtScr - Solved.

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Maybe my fingers slipped. Or maybe a recent Win11 Update ("Please do not turn off your computer ...") is to blame.

This morning my PrtScr key refused to PrtScr:-
20230715_080556.jpg
This 5-element toolbar appears instead.
A web search produced this page where I found:-

Solution 2. Make Sure the Print Screen Shortcut Is Enabled
Only when the Print Screen shortcut is enabled in Windows, you can use the Print Screen key to capture the screen.
Press Windows + U keys to open Ease of Access.
Click Keyboard.
Find the Print Screen shortcut section and turn it ON.
Untitled2.png
(This gets confusing). I changed the setting from ON to OFF so that I could take a PrtScr of my settings page.
Works fine now.
Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Snipping Tool - This morning my PrtScr key refused to PrtScr - Solved.

Post by JoeP »

It is a recent update. Microsoft changed the default use of PrtScr to open the Snipping Tool. Many corporate support people are not happy.
Joe

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

See, Chris - you wanted PrtScr to open the snipping tool all along, and Microsoft has granted your wish! What a truly benevolent corporation they are...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:
15 Jul 2023, 12:21
See, Chris - you wanted PrtScr to open the snipping tool all along, and Microsoft has granted your wish! What a truly benevolent corporation they are...
Back in the day when computer systems worked well, and we used real BBS, we used a snipping tool that was enclosed in parentheses.

If I had my way I would (snip) ... (snip) the (snip) ... (snip) off every daggy (snip) ... (snip) at the (snip) ... (snip) firm (snip) ... (snip) and feed them to the (snip) ... (snip) .
Cheers, Chris

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

JoeP wrote:
15 Jul 2023, 12:16
It is a recent update. Microsoft changed the default use of PrtScr to open the Snipping Tool. Many corporate support people are not happy.
I am not surprised. Since moving to Win11 I have noticed many changes that cause me to use several keystrokes or mouse-clicks to achieve waht as previously possible with a simpler and Windows-wide standard.

I am not so much "corporate support" as trying to reduce what used to be known as "my corporation", mainly through a change in diet.

Thanks Joe
Chris :sad: