Windows Security on Taskbar.

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Windows Security on Taskbar.

Post by Ted Myers »

Hello, I have a yellow tick as in image. When I open Windows Security, everything is OK.
-
WS.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have NO luck at all.
Windows 11 Home 23H2 Laptop

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Windows Security on Taskbar.

Post by stuck »

I've seen that apparent inconsistency too, on my Win 10 Pro desktop PC. It usually turns out to be because it's been a while since a virus scan was run.

Ken

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

I have recently reset my laptop to try to fix Network & File Sharing problem. It never helped till I found a method that worked, now I find it's a security risk by StuartR

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Maybe related to 'Windows 11 Security Alert' earlier thread which is awaiting Microsoft action.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Since my last post, I have not done anything on my laptop and the yellow tick on taskbar has turned green.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

On some systems, I've seen a timing issue when starting a PC where all the firewall and other security software are not completely initialized when the Windows Security applet is started. Have you recently added any software that starts when the system is booted?
Joe

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

RonH wrote:
06 Jul 2023, 14:47
Maybe related to 'Windows 11 Security Alert' earlier thread which is awaiting Microsoft action.
Just looking at my taskbar and I also now have the green tick. Microsoft appear to have resolved this false security alert in a recent update.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

JoeP wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 02:28
On some systems, I've seen a timing issue when starting a PC where all the firewall and other security software are not completely initialized when the Windows Security applet is started. Have you recently added any software that starts when the system is booted?
I have done a reset of my laptop to try to get Network access to my WDTVLive files and almost have what I need reinstalled

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

RonH wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 07:43
RonH wrote:
06 Jul 2023, 14:47
Just looking at my taskbar and I also now have the green tick. Microsoft appear to have resolved this false security alert in a recent update.
Mine is now green again also.