Windows 11 and Single AND Multimonitor Issues

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Windows 11 and Single AND Multimonitor Issues

Post by PJ_in_FL »

After a forced PC "upgrade" from MS Surface Pro 7 and Windows 10 to Surface Pro 8 and Windows 11 Pro for Workstations, running Office 365 Apps for Business, the fonts, columns in Excel, dialog boxes, etc. appears to be some challenges with handling scaling differences on different displays, either when attached or handling the change when the displays are detached and the PC rebooted.

Configuration:
PC - MS Surface Pro 8, Windows 11 Pro for workstations
Monitors:
- Surface Pro 8 @ 2880x1920 and 200% scaling
- Dual external HP monitors @ 1920x1080 at 100% scaling

Opening up any Excel file the problems are most noticeable when the fonts are reduced in size and the columns are now super-sized. There's a fix I implemented in my file manager, xplorer2, via it's Properties interface that corrected most of it's problems with the multiple monitors, but Office doesn't have the same dialog for Properties.

I can't even exit without saving correctly. The dialog that comes up doesn't display the SAVE, DON'T SAVE, CANCEL buttons.

Very frustrating!

Anyone else experiencing this with Win 11 and Office 365 or any other programs where the monitors are on different scalings?
PJ in (usually sunny) FL

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Windows 11 and Single AND Multimonitor Issues

Post by JoeP »

Are both external monitors set to what Windows recommends?
Joe

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Re: Windows 11 and Single AND Multimonitor Issues

Post by PJ_in_FL »

Solved the problem:

>>> returned the new Surface Pro with Win 11 back to IT and took back my old Surface Pro with Win 10. All problems solved.

P.S. - Yes, all the monitors were set to the recommended settings. Interestingly enough, the new Pro screen display resolution was 2880x1920 and was recommended to be 200%, but the old Pro, with display resolution of 1368x912 was recommended and set to 100%. Sometimes more is not better.
PJ in (usually sunny) FL