iCloud App In Windows 11

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

iCloud App In Windows 11

Post by hlewton »

I just installed iCloud and cannot find it in the Start menu so, I couldn't pin it to the Desktop. In my WEB search I found to look for it in the Settings>Apps>Installed Apps. Sure enough it is there. Is there anyway to pin it to my desktop from there or anywhere else? I saw a move option but that seems to only want to move it to another drive.
Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: iCloud App In Windows 11

Post by JoeP »

Did you manually look or use search in the start menu?
Does iCloud autostart with Windows bootup?
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

iCloud Drive is always listed in Windows File Explorer. From what I can see using the task Manager, please see attachment, iCloud does start with Windows along with iCloud Drive. I want iCloud Drive to be there so I can access my photos, just don't want iCloud Drive to be in the Start menu because it is useless there.

I searched for iCloud Drive and all that does is open up an instance of Windows File Explorer. I have not been able to locate the Windows Start folder, if any still exists. Was hoping to be able to delete if from there but, as I mentioned, I can't find a Start folder.
iCloud1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

You should be able to right-click on the "iCloud for Windows" process and see the path to the file. You should be able to create a shortcut on the desktop by navigating to the file location as part of the shortcut creation.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
25 Dec 2022, 21:42
You should be able to right-click on the "iCloud for Windows" process and see the path to the file. You should be able to create a shortcut on the desktop by navigating to the file location as part of the shortcut creation.
With the help of Apple support I managed to get a desktop shortcut to open iCloud for Windows. The problem is before I made that call, I Right clicked on the iCloud Drive in Windows File Explorer. It gave me the option of pinning it to the Start menu. When I figured out that it was not the same as the iCloud for Windows, in that from it one could create a desktop shortcut to open up iCloud for Windows to manage your settings, it was too late. I once again Right clicked iCloud Drive in Windows File Explorer and chose the unpin option from Start menu but it would not unpin and remains there still. That is what I would like to get rid of or delete from the Start menu but haven't been able to find a way to do that. That is why I was trying to find Windows 11's Start folder to see if I could delete it from there but so far I have not been able to locate that folder, if it even exists.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

If the option to unpin is still there, try selecting it again and then reboot your system immediately.
Joe

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

BTW, are you using a third-party app to control the start menu?
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
25 Dec 2022, 23:04
BTW, are you using a third-party app to control the start menu?
Yes, I am using Start11 and have tried to submit a ticket to them and so far haven't found where to do that. I have submitted at least 2 tickets to them in the past, but for some reason that option seems to have disappeared at their site even though it is still listed. It did say they were closed over Christmas maybe that is the reason but I'd have thought I'd still be able to submit a ticket but it just kept circling me around in circles.

JoeP wrote:
25 Dec 2022, 22:36
If the option to unpin is still there, try selecting it again and then reboot your system immediately.
The only option there is to Pin it again and I don't want 2 instances of it.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Since you unpinned the item and now the only option is to pin it again, it seems to me that the problem is in Start11. Is there any option in Start11 to rebuild the start menu? Can you change the layout and the change it back to what you want?
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
27 Dec 2022, 14:11
Since you unpinned the item and now the only option is to pin it again, it seems to me that the problem is in Start11. Is there any option in Start11 to rebuild the start menu? Can you change the layout and the change it back to what you want?
I looked all over that and found nothing. In the past, I have created a couple tickets with StarDock's Start 11 support but I can no longer find a way of doing that at their site. So, I sent an email to their sales department and they replied they would look into it. I hope they do and I hope I can ask them for help again.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

The Stardock site at Contact Support says to start a thread in their forum.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
27 Dec 2022, 15:54
The Stardock site at Contact Support says to start a thread in their forum.
THANK YOU!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I have no idea how you came up with that link because I couldn't find it. I did just submit a ticket so hopefully they will be able to figure this out.
Regards,
hlewton