What Does ! Mean

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: What Does ! Mean

Post by JoeP »

AFAIK, unless you take some extraordinary steps to avoid whatever update enables the features you have no choice. They will be there whether you like it or not.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 13:06
AFAIK, unless you take some extraordinary steps to avoid whatever update enables the features you have no choice. They will be there whether you like it or not.
I believe that and it's a shame we have no choice in what we are paying for.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

FWIW, here is what Microsoft says will be in the first Windows 11 update with new features:
. New! We enhance File Explorer. It now includes tabs to help you organize your File Explorer sessions like you do in Microsoft Edge. On the new File Explorer homepage, you can pin important files for quick and easy access. Using the power of Microsoft OneDrive, you can view your colleagues’ actions on your shared files. We also provide personalized suggestions based on your Microsoft 365 account.

. New! We add a feature called Suggested Actions for items that you copy. This is available for customers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. For example, when you copy phone numbers or future dates, we provide suggestions, such as make a call with Teams or Skype or add an event in the Calendar app.

. New! We add a taskbar overflow menu. The taskbar will offer an entry point to a menu that shows you all your overflowed apps in one space.

. New! You can now share to more devices. You can discover and share to more devices, including desktops, using a nearby sharing.
Joe

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

JoeP wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 14:24
FWIW, here is what Microsoft says will be in the first Windows 11 update with new features:
. New! We enhance File Explorer. It now includes tabs to help you organize your File Explorer sessions like you do in Microsoft Edge. On the new File Explorer homepage, you can pin important files for quick and easy access. Using the power of Microsoft OneDrive, you can view your colleagues’ actions on your shared files. We also provide personalized suggestions based on your Microsoft 365 account.

. New! We add a feature called Suggested Actions for items that you copy. This is available for customers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. For example, when you copy phone numbers or future dates, we provide suggestions, such as make a call with Teams or Skype or add an event in the Calendar app.

. New! We add a taskbar overflow menu. The taskbar will offer an entry point to a menu that shows you all your overflowed apps in one space.

. New! You can now share to more devices. You can discover and share to more devices, including desktops, using a nearby sharing.
Joe - I'm sitting here thinking MS ought to offer an "old person's version" of the O/S. The only item you mentioned in this list that is remotely interesting to me is the ability to discover and share to nearby desktops.
Windows 11 is definitely a change to what I have been using. (Mac O/S) :laugh:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 14:24

I guess someone, somewhere has shown an interest in these items listed above but I, personally, dread the thought of them. I don't use Edge so I don't understand the reference to it. Also I am happy with the status quo in the OS. Had to purchase Start11 to make it close to what I had become used to though.
Regards,
hlewton