Recovering Windows 11

RonH
SilverLounger

Recovering Windows 11

Post by RonH »

Windows 11 Recovery

I am somewhat confused as to what I should do in the event of not being able to boot my Lenovo laptop ... there seem to be a number of possibilities:
  • Push-button reset ... a built-in recovery Lenovo tool to restore operating system to its original state. This must mean a complete reinstall of the original Windows 10 programme … no additional software and no personal files.

Microsoft Startup Repair to fix common problems that can prevent Windows from starting up

Create a Windows 10 or 11 recovery drive on a USB

Macrium Reflect (free version) … create a bootable rescue media.
I have Macrium backups but not including personal files I copy onto ext hd's.
Which to use? Seems to me that Macrium Reflect would be the answer :scratch:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Recovering Windows 11

Post by John Gray »

Nothing to prevent you from using the last three mechanisms! Make sure you are doing an Image Copy for the Macrium Reflect recovery, and update the bootable rescue drive to match the current version of Macrium (which usually tells you if a change has made this necessary).
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Recovering Windows 11

Post by RonH »

Hei John ... thanks for the heads-up. So you 'pay's your money and takes your choice :grin: '. Mind you its Macrium Reflect free so no money has changed hands and I think I will choose this if ever needed.

Actually, though I had made an image, when I upgraded W10 to 11, it was on Reflect v7. So I have now installed v8 latest version and updated the bootable rescue drive onto both a CD and mem stick ... just in case my ext CD/DVD player misfires.

At the end of this month I will make another image copy ... though I understand that one made on Reflect v7 will function with v8
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.