snooping around on Windows 11

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

snooping around on Windows 11

Post by Skitterbug »

I happened to click on System/Storage/Disks - Volumes/System and noted that it indicates EFI system partition's status says: Full repair needed. My computer runs just fine. Checked the web and didn't find anything helpful to me. I did note that BitLocker comes with Windows 11 Pro and mine is Home so I'm wondering if that is the problem? This is a computer built by iBuyPower so it isn't one that is "homegrown".
Anyway - do I need to do something about this? If so, what do I do about this........ :smile:

Thanks for contemplating my question!
Question4EileenLounge.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: snooping around on Windows 11

Post by stuck »

I've no idea how to help you but when I navigate to the same setting on my Lenovo LOQ 15irh8 laptop running Win 11 Pro, the status is 'healthy'.

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Following Skitterbug's lead, I found that I could not get the same results in that after reaching Settings > System > Storage I could find no option to display Disks & Volumes > System; therefore I don't know if I have situation similar to hers. Why would I not have the option to display the information she did?

I did poke a little further (Settings > System > Storage > Clean Up Recommendations) and found that I have 4.5GB of old Windows10 files. I have been using Windows 11 for some time now. I think I am well past the period when I might have reverted to Win 10. Should I delete the old windows files?
Old Windows.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Apparently, this is a fairly common situation for the EFI system partition. If your computer is running normally, you can safely ignore it.
Best wishes,
Hans

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

HansV wrote:
15 Jun 2024, 19:13
Apparently, this is a fairly common situation for the EFI system partition. If your computer is running normally, you can safely ignore it.
Whew! I will ignore it then! That's what happens when I "dig" around into spots that are deeper than I need to go! I fall in! :rofl:

And Thank YOU for replying! :yep:

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

BobH wrote:
15 Jun 2024, 18:38
Following Skitterbug's lead, I found that I could not get the same results in that after reaching Settings > System > Storage I could find no option to display Disks & Volumes > System; therefore I don't know if I have situation similar to hers. Why would I not have the option to display the information she did?

I did poke a little further (Settings > System > Storage > Clean Up Recommendations) and found that I have 4.5GB of old Windows10 files. I have been using Windows 11 for some time now. I think I am well past the period when I might have reverted to Win 10. Should I delete the old windows files?
Old Windows.png
I'm sorry Bob. I didn't give the path directions very well so I'll try to be more careful!
Try Settings - System - Storage.
Then click on the down arrow next to the entry "Advanced Storage Settings" listed under Storage Management.
Then click on Disks and Volumes.
That is where I found the System volume that I was questioning.
Hope this helps!

I also found the Clean up Recommendations page you pointed to, but I left mine alone for now. I figured the "stuff" there wasn't taking up a lot of space on my hard drives so rather than delete, the info could sit there for a while until I run out of space!

Have a great day!

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Skitterbug wrote:
15 Jun 2024, 20:06
I figured the "stuff" there wasn't taking up a lot of space on my hard drives so rather than delete, the info could sit there for a while until I run out of space!
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Cheers, Chris
By definition, educating the client is the consultant’s first objective