One Drive Error

sobershea
2StarLounger

One Drive Error

Post by sobershea »

I tried to uninstall One Drive on a new laptop. I right-clicked the One Drive folder in Explorer and chose "Unlink this PC". But the folder for One Drive was still under my username. I uninstalled One Drive in Apps and Programs. Now I keep getting an error message
"C:\Users\sherr\OneDrive\desktop is unavailable. ,,,,If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted"

So I obviously did something wrong and I need to get rid of the error message and to be able to access my desktop folder as well as my documents folder.

Help? :scratch:

TIA
Sherry

HansV
Administrator

Re: One Drive Error

Post by HansV »

Does Reset OneDrive help?
Best wishes,
Hans

LineLaline
2StarLounger

Post by LineLaline »

Oh, I will be excited if this helps. For me OneDrive has been a pain. I won't mess up this thread with my personal experience though!
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

sobershea
2StarLounger

Post by sobershea »

Explorer could not find any of the locations mentioned in the link you sent. I decided to reinstall it and start over. I found the install file in the Windows Folder SysWOW64 and reinstalled it. Then I changed the settings to NOT start on boot. I also right-clicked the One Drive Icon in Explorer and selected "Unlink this PC". Also in the One Drive settings I deselected all folders except Personal Vault. Basically, I made sure it couldn't work. I already have cloud storage and I don't need another one working in the background without me realizing it. I think I have effectively disabled it without causing problems in Windows and Office.

Stay tuned and thanks for your help (as always) Hans :thankyou:
Sherry

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Great! I'd leave it at that - uninstalling OneDrive completely is fraught with problems as you have found.
Best wishes,
Hans