BitLocker

jmt356
SilverLounger

BitLocker

Post by jmt356 »

I have 2 computers with BitLocker turned on on the C: drive. On one computer, when I boot up, a blue screen is displayed before I reach Windows prompting me for my password. After I enter the password, I come to the Windows login page.

On the second computer, I am not prompted for my BitLocker password. I only come to the Windows login page. After I log in, I can access the C: drive without unlocking the C: drive. I only need to enter the password to access D:. Is BitLocker actually turned on for the C: drive, since I am not prompted for a password?
Regards,

JMT

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: BitLocker

Post by JoeP »

Are you being prompted for a password or the BitLocker recovery key?

Is this just a repeat of your other thread - BitLocker for C: drive does not appear to be active?
Joe

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I am never prompted for a password or BitLocker recovery key for the C: drive. When I boot up or restart and try to access D:, I am prompted for a BitLocker password.

This is related to the other post. As per responses made on the other post, it is normal not to get prompted for a password for C:. However, as I have stated on this post, I have another computer where I am prompted for a password when I first boot up. I want to figure out how to replicate that on my other computer.
Regards,

JMT

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Is it asking for a BitLocker recovery key or a BIOS password?
Joe