Lock screen after inactivity

jmt356
SilverLounger

Lock screen after inactivity

Post by jmt356 »

How do I lock my screen in Windows 10 after 10 min. of inactivity? The Lock screen in Settings only lets me choose my background, apps to show status on the lock screen and background in the sign-in screen.

The Screen time-out settings under Power & sleep only allow me to change when the screen turns off and when my laptop goes to sleep. However, I am not trying to change when the screen turns off or when the computer goes to sleep. Rather, I want to find where the setting is to cause my screen to lock after a certain period of inactivity.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Lock screen after inactivity

Post by HansV »

On Start > Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen, click Screen saver settings' at the bottom (scroll down if necessary).
1) Select a screen saver - choose Blank if you simply want the screen to go black.
2) Select 10 minutes as Wait time.
3) Tick the check box 'On resume, display login screen'.
4) Click OK.

S0057.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Lock screen after inactivity

Post by DaveA »

All one needs to do is Windows key +L and you can lock the screen.
This will lock the screen and you must type your password to continue.
You can always do this when you leave the system.

NOTE: I think if you do not have a password then you can not have the screen locked.

Also on my Windows 10 machines when I Right click and and select Personize there is a Lock Screen entry to select.
That is where you control the settings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living