My Phone App for Android from Microsoft

bureau.jacques
Lounger

My Phone App for Android from Microsoft

Post by bureau.jacques »

I have downloaded the My Phone App to Google Play to be able to use my phone from my PC (Windows 10, latest version).
The connection is random, the phone has connected two or three times but for several days the connection has not been possible.
I don't understand how it works.
The help specifies that you must connect to the same Wi-Fi network, that you must connect the phone to the PC via Bluetooth, and the same identifier and be connected to the Microsoft site on the PC and on the phone.
It seems to me to meet all the conditions but it does not work!
Does somebody have an idea ?

HansV
Administrator

Re: My Phone App for Android from Microsoft

Post by HansV »

Sorry, I haven't tried this.(Did you mean the "Your Phone Companion" app?)
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

On the PC, does the phone show as connected by Bluetooth?
Have you launched the app on the phone and given it permission to access contacts, messages, and photos?
Is your phone running the minimum version of Android?
Joe

bureau.jacques
Lounger

Post by bureau.jacques »

Hans, This is indeed an App developed by Microsoft for Android under the name "Your Phone app, Windows 10".
Tonight, without changing my configuration, the PC and phones are synchronized quickly without any problems.
What's weird, is how totally random this app works.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The app has rather mixed reviews in the Google Play Store. Some users say it works fine, others report lots of problems...
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

It does seem to be inconsistent. If you have a Dell PC check out Dell Mobile Connect.
Joe

bureau.jacques
Lounger

Post by bureau.jacques »

It appears that Dell uses technology from Israeli company Screenovate Technologies Ltd. Raänana IS.https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Screen ... 4072?hl=fr
I seamlessly download the Android software to my cell phone using Google Play. On the other hand, when I wanted to download the Windows software using Microsoft store, I got the message "this application is not compatible with your device".
So it's not clear if it only works on the Dell PC and why?
The software uses a Bluetooth connection. I installed on my PC which is generic (LDLC) a USB adapter, Wi-Fi & Bluetooth N150 provided by TRENDnet.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Because it is a Dell proprietary product and Dell wants you to buy their hardware. The article I linked above says:

"Download Dell Mobile Connect Companion App (Available on Dell consumer XPS, Inspiron, Vostro and PCs with Bluetooth purchased in January 2018 or later.)"
Joe