Language Settings

RonH
SilverLounger

Language Settings

Post by RonH »

Lenovo laptop set for English Language with Norwegian Keyboard and all functioning apart from the fact that much of the 'control' information is in Norwegian.
Examples include:
Datamaskinbehandling (Computer Management) with many subtitles also in Norsk.
Some Start Menu in eg Windows Accessories, Windows Admin Tools

I use Windows10 (upgrade from W7) with the same language and keyboard settings and all my information is in English. Both pc's have the same settings in Region & Language with the region set as Norway. Both pc's purchased in Norway.

Any ideas please to 'English' the Lenovo.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Argus
GoldLounger

Re: Language Settings

Post by Argus »

You mention your Lenovo laptop, and what you see; then "Both pc's have the same settings ..."? Are you saying that you see this on the laptop, but not on another computer?

I've noticed that it sometimes may need more than one reboot to change display language everywhere (for example in start menu items, as you mention, and in tooltips). (After changing language it's also possible to copy the settings to welcome screen, new accounts etc. as you may now.)
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Just checking screen language. If I change from ENGLISH UK to ENGLISH USA then all settings etc are in English. Must be something I have not done in the language set up?
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Hei Argus, we crossed in the post.
I will change back to English UK and reboot a few times as you suggest. If this fails then screen language in USA will be it!
Thanks for tip
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.