Microsoft Store Nag Window

BobH
UraniumLounger

Microsoft Store Nag Window

Post by BobH »

Lately - probably since an update - I've been getting a nag screen in Windows 10 whenever I download an app from an outside source. I find this annoying and would like to stop it. I've searched and found conflicting information. I even found a suggestion to enter "GPEDIT.MSC" from the start screen; however when doing so I get a message saying it is not found.

Has anyone removed the Microsoft Store nag window successfully? Care to share your secrets? . . . or a link to instructions that work?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Microsoft Store Nag Window

Post by HansV »

Select Start > Settings > Privacy.
Scroll down the list of subjects in the left hand pane and select 'Background apps'.
In the list of apps, slide 'Microsoft Store' to Off.
S2458.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

gpedit.msc is the Group Policy Editor. This is available in Windows 10 Pro, but not with the home edition.

For your main question, have a look at this dropdown box in Settings - Apps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

:thankyou: Thank you both, Hans and Stuart!

I was very confused by the gpedit.msc. It was mentioned as being a pro edition feature in the article I read.

I was able to remove it following Hans' directions.

Again, :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs