Where to Uninstall Program

BillW
3StarLounger

Where to Uninstall Program

Post by BillW »

I am trying to setup a new Lanovo laptop and I can't find where to do an uninstall! Maybe I should explain that I used to use his forum ocassionally years ago and also did this setup task a few times. Now I am much older and am having a hard time remembering anything that I once knew! My mind just doesn't work very well these days!

I can picture the display page that lists all the installed programs where I would initiate the uninstall but I can't find that display page.

Thanks, BillW

Leif
Administrator

Re: Where to Uninstall Program

Post by Leif »

If you type in the program Search box "Control" you should see a link to the Control Panel.

Click on it and you should see a link to (what I think) you are looking for:
x.jpg
Note my preferred view is by 'Small icons'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

If you want to get into the Windows 10 paradigm go to Start | Settings (the gear) | Apps. Once the right pane is populated with your list of programs and apps, click on the one you want to uninstall and select uninstall.
Joe

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Welcome back to the lounge Bill.
Nice to see you again.

The default Windows installer that Leif points to is apt for basic uninstalls. If you want a dedicated uninstaller that not only uninstalls the app but also removes any residue files from the registry, a common one we mention often here in the lounge is Revo Uninstaller Free (or Portable).
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BillW
3StarLounger

Post by BillW »

Thanks guys for the help. I got the job done and the PC is running normally now.
Bill