One Drive

RonH
SilverLounger

One Drive

Post by RonH »

In setting up new W10 pc I am noticing that Microsoft Photos is 'offering' Albums etc which we definitely do not want. Maybe this is associated with One Drive which again we do not want.

The One Drive app is not listed in Settings/Apps ... this must now be a 'hidden feature' since various web pages state that you can delete it. It does get listed in the Task Manager Start-Up and is 'disabled'. Perhaps One Drive is therefore not the cause of Album creation in Windows Photos so what is the best method to disable 'Albums' ... or is this simply a no choice.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: One Drive

Post by HansV »

Albums are a way of organizing your photos. If you don't want them, simply ignore them.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

I guessed that; we do our own organising. So just put up with Microsoft nagging I suppose :grin:
Cheers Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

I have been using Windows 10 since shortly after it was released and have never seen any pop up about Albums.
It may be some something the OEM added.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Dave, Albums are a built-in feature of the Photos app in Windows 10. Even if you don't create albums yourself, Photos will automatically create albums from your photo collection:
S2290.png
You can delete those albums, or simply ignore them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Agreed Dave, my W7 to W10 pc has never flagged Albums or One Drive but the new W10 pc (Lenovo) flags these up from time to time when using Photos ... Just rechecked and yes I am now being offered Albums that I don't want
As Hans said ... ignore.
What with Office 365/Photos/One Drive etc ... how much more will Microsoft try to exert their influence over us. :sad:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Then it could be that I have never click on the Albums or Photo so that has not activated the pop up sequence.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

I reckon you 'hit the nail on its head ', Dave
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.