URLs Missing in My Situation

BillW
3StarLounger

URLs Missing in My Situation

Post by BillW »

This is a problem on my wife's PC. She receives emails from the Living Social web site. The emails contain links to locations on the livingsocial.com web site. But when I go to livingsocial.com on my wife's PC the links there to areas on their site do not work! I thought I had solved this problem yesterday when I discovered that her PC was not logged into her account on livingsocial.com. However this "fix" does not help today. (I don't know if her being logged in should have any effect on this.) I have investigated further and the spots on the web site that are supposed to contain URLs to various pages on the web site do not contain URLs! Their properties are just blank! I logged her out of livingsocial.com and logged her back in and verified that her account on the site is active but that did not help.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong or how to get it to work again?

Thanks,
Bill

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: URLs Missing in My Situation

Post by viking33 »

BillW wrote:This is a problem on my wife's PC. She receives emails from the Living Social web site. The emails contain links to locations on the livingsocial.com web site. But when I go to livingsocial.com on my wife's PC the links there to areas on their site do not work! I thought I had solved this problem yesterday when I discovered that her PC was not logged into her account on livingsocial.com. However this "fix" does not help today. (I don't know if her being logged in should have any effect on this.) I have investigated further and the spots on the web site that are supposed to contain URLs to various pages on the web site do not contain URLs! Their properties are just blank! I logged her out of livingsocial.com and logged her back in and verified that her account on the site is active but that did not help.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong or how to get it to work again?

Thanks,
Bill
Sounds like the site may be setting a cookie but it is not being saved when you log out.
Try logging in and then just leaving the site without loggin out.
Go to the site and then see if you are automatically logged in?

Do you have the very popular FREE CCleaner utility? If so, you can check to see if the site is indeed setting a cookie and you can move it to a protected condition where it will not be deleted.
CCleaner
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Which email client does she use?
What happens if she clicks a link in an email? An error message (if so, what does it say)? Nothing at all? Something else?
Best wishes,
Hans

BillW
3StarLounger

Post by BillW »

Thanks for responding guys. Sorry I've taken so long to reply. My wife hasn't been complaining so I haven't followed up! Bob, I haven't checked out your suggestions yet. Hans, she is using the Thunderbird email program. I just looked at recent emails she has received from livingsocial.com and the message she received yesterday did not have links that worked but the one she received today does have good links! I'll monitor it for the next few days and see what is happening.
Bill