Microsoft Photos

RonH
SilverLounger

Microsoft Photos

Post by RonH »

praid:App keeps crashing Windows Shell. I understand that this is associated with 'Photos'. Had a read on the net but have not found any solutions ... only lots of ideas and unsuccessful tests.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Microsoft Photos

Post by HansV »

Although Photos is frequently mentioned in association with this error, it can occur for other apps too. See if the following helps:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store: run the troubleshooter
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Hans. Ran and it came up with 'Windows Store App'. Will see what happens.
It may also be something to do with a non-Microsoft app called Japan Photos which I have recently installed for online uploading for print production.

Cheers Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

No solution so far. This is also failing:
Capture.JPG
Cortana Search. Can't see any reports on others ... any common factors?

I just noticed that these issues only started following the Feb W10 etc Updates from Microsoft. Perhaps the Mar updates will correct?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RonH on 28 Feb 2018, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I hope that one of our Windows experts will have a suggestion for you.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

This shows the 'stability' issues following the W10 Feb Update ... can't find my specific problems listed anywhere.
Capture.JPG
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I'm on Windows 10 Home version 1709 (Build 16299.248). I haven't had any Windows-related application failures this month (I had Word crash once because of faulty VBA code, and VLC player once after it had been updated).
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Same build for me Hans
I am fairly sure that it is associated with this update on my machine ... coincidences are rare! Since it is not actually effecting my 'usage' I think that I will tread water to see if it gets corrected during the March updates. Unless one of our team has the answer :thankyou:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.