Driver Problems?

RonH
SilverLounger

Driver Problems?

Post by RonH »

Device Drivers.JPG
A 'not so clever' report in that it tells you nothing! So I used the troubleshooter from MSoft (Device Diagnostic.diagcab) which reports that driver sxuptp is not working properly. Doesn't fix it though.

It is some kind of Windows Driver. It was updated or added with the latest W10 release. I found two recent ...
SXUPTP.JPG
Any ideas how to solve or should I just leave it 'as is' pending a possible fix. Windows system appears to function OK.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Driver Problems?

Post by HansV »

This driver appears to be associated with USB Hubs. As long as you don't have problems with USB drives, I'd let it be.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Agreed & thanks Hans. Seems that it is also associated with AMD.

I was getting a lot of explorer.exe failures since my update (according to the Reliability Monitor) though I didn't notice any issues other than the one about screen restart when I tried to launch the Home page of Control Panel.
Using the Networx monitor, I can see that there is quite some activity at times so perhaps MSoft will solve sxuptp ... it was included in their system update download.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

The AMD64 bit just tells you that it's a 64 bit driver.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks John for that tip.
I have a number of USB hubs so will check them all just in case.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.