Window Apps

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Window Apps

Post by BobArch2 »

I have about 40+ Window Apps, most of which I do not want nor need. Almost on a daily basis, updates to the Apps are automatically downloaded and installed.

Question: In your experience, If I Uninstall the unwanted Apps, will a subsequent auto-update reinstall the deleted Apps? I do understand that some Apps like Contacts and Cortana cannot be uninstalled. I can live with those.
2016-04-26_20-59-59.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Bob

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Window Apps

Post by DaveA »

Since I use "Classic Shell" I do not have that problem.

I do not think I have used any of the "Apps" as they are called.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Hi Bob,

I have no experience with Win10...so I'm providing this advice blindly. However, maybe you can learn something from these to web pages. I read through the thread on how to keep Win 10 from reinstalling removed apps and the comments imply some success or non at all. Sound a bit volatile!

Good luck if you follow through with this.

- [Guide] How to Remove All Built-in Apps in Windows 10
- How do U keep Win 10 from reinstalling apps I removed? (& Privacy)
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

The apps will not be reinstalled in normal day to day activity. A subsequent major update to Windows 10 such as the Anniversary update due this summer will likely reinstate all the apps.

Note: if you are a Windows Insider installing preview builds, especially in the fast ring, you'll get major updates frequently.

Joe
Joe