Clock

silverback
5StarLounger

Clock

Post by silverback »

Sorry about this, but how does one set the clock to be a 24hour clock in Windows 10. I've been in Adjust Date and Time but I can't find an option to change to 'continental' 24hr clock. :scratch:
Thanks
Silverback

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Clock

Post by JoeP »

Click the date/time in the notification area. Then click on "Date and time settings" at the bottom of the calendar. About 2/3 of the way down on the date and time settings you can change the format.

Joe
Joe

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Double click on clock in System tray, in the box that opens click on Region and Language, then at bottom open Additional Date and Time Settings under heading Regional Settings. OR open Control Panel and navigate to Clock, Language and Region Next open Change Date, Time or Number formats Click on arrow at end of Short Time format (h:mm) and select option HH:mm Click on arrow at end of Long Time (h:mm:ss) and select option HH:mm;ss Click on Apply and close Control Panel.

Make sure to use capital "H"'s which instruct to use 24H format.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Double click does not do that on my Windows 10 system. I'm running Insider build 14271 but I'm pretty sure that the way I described is how it has worked on my system for quite a while.

Joe
Joe

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Post by jaystarter »

Joe's way works for me OK.
Jeff

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Sorry... my reply was taken from a thread in a Windows 10 forum that asked a similar question. I had no idea it wouldn't work as I am not on Windows 10. I thought I'd stumbled upon an acceptable solution, so I posted it. :sorry:
It just goes to show that one cannot trust every advice out there!
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Jay Freedman
Microsoft MVP

Post by Jay Freedman »

Just be aware that changing the date or time format through the clock settings will also affect the system date and time default formats. They'll show up, for example, in the file dates/times in File Explorer and in (default) dates in Excel.