printer not being found

CData
3StarLounger

printer not being found

Post by CData »

all has been fine - until now... I can only assume the problem was introduced by an automatic OS update... bummer.

WIN 10 / Office 2013 PC has choice of printers available on network (nothing direct attached)

Closest/most convenient is an HP DeskJet 960 old work horse direct connected to a Vista PC (Office 2007). (It use to be the default printer for 10/13 PC)

Recently the physical print at the Vista PC does not occur from 10/13 PC. Printing still works fine locally by the 960 at Vista PC. 10/13 PC can print to another printer further away that is network attached.

Actions so far on 10/13 PC:
* deleted Vista 960 printer
* attempted to re-add same printer - is not being found in scan
* added printer located with the manual browse (could be found via file explorer no problem)
* the manual add does not stick - return to Settings/Printers and it is not there

HansV
Administrator

Re: printer not being found

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

CData
3StarLounger

Re: printer not being found

Post by CData »

thanks for link. all items discussed appeared ok so nothing found.

is a new day - and so I just retried to add printer. Again it was not found via scan but easily found via the manual. This time it set up ok and printed the test page.

so everything seems ok - when all else fails: reboot

but - this is the 2nd time in a week I've done this..... last time it printed for awhile and then stopped inexplicably...the printer is still shown as available and ready but the print just goes into queue on the 10/13 and never prints out at the 960.......so I will see if the printer once again stops printing after awhile and will follow up if/when it does....