Date format & language on lock screen

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Date format & language on lock screen

Post by ErikJan »

The language for the system date is different in my lock screen than after I log-on (and that's probably the reason: before I log on, Windows doesn't know my preferences).

I'm reading something about a hidden admin account where one should make changes but am unsure as to the how and what; anyone how has experience with this here maybe?

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Re: Date format & language on lock screen

Post by ErikJan »

Update --- I tried this:
First of all enable the built-in elevated Administrator account and sign in to the same account. Now press the Windows + R key to open Run dialog and type regedit and press ok. After that go to this registry key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SystemProtectedUserData. Just expand and open SystemProtectedUserData and then expand and open the long S-1-5-21... subkey for the user account that you would like to change their lock screen clock time format. In this same long subkey for the user in the left pane, expand open AnyoneRead and select LocaleInfo. At the right pane of LocaleInfo double click on the TimeFormat string value to modify it. Just type in the time format from the pic below you want to display on the lockscreen clock for the user and click ok. After finishing it, close the Registry Editor and sign out of the built-in Adminstrator.

Indeed one of the keys had "NL" in it and I changed that to "en-US" but that didn't help. There's a "LanguageProfile" string that also seems to hold language info...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't think you have to activate the hidden Administrator account. It should be sufficient to use an account with Admin permissions.
Activate the Region control panel.
Activate the Administrative tab. (1)
Click the 'Copy settings...' button. (2)
Tick the check box 'Welcome screen and system settings', review the settings and click OK if you're satisfied. (3)
S0668.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Post by ErikJan »

Yep... sooo simple ;-)

Thnx