what is an SMS INFOmessage

RonH
SilverLounger

what is an SMS INFOmessage

Post by RonH »

Recently, I have received a few SMS which are headed INFOmessage and which do not state who is the sender. This has occured from two senders only so far, one sender in Australia and the other UK.

I have searched to try to understand but nothing makes sense to my grey matter. Expert help would be appreciated :scratch: Android phone in use by me.

What I read is:
Infosms messages are usually marked by networks as such due to them possibly being spam. This may be due to the fact that your number has been used by scammers for phising attacks or possibly that the receiver has accidentally marked your number as such.

Does this suggests that it's the Sender that 'has the problem'
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: what is an SMS INFOmessage

Post by stuck »

If you don't know who the sender is how come you know one message came from Australia and the other from the UK?

Did the content of the message read like spam / phishing? If so I suspect there's nothing you can do about it, other than not react to it and delete it.

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: what is an SMS INFOmessage

Post by RonH »

Ken, subsequent contact with senders. The messages were legit but came as INFOmessage, not email nor standard sender SMS.

Thanks for comments. I will search some more.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.