Deleting Photos from iPhone XR

BobH
UraniumLounger

Deleting Photos from iPhone XR

Post by BobH »

Does anyone know if there is a way to delete photos by date range from iphones and ipads?

Embarrassment prevents me telling how much space photos and videos are taking up on my phone. Suffice it to say that there are so many that I can no longer back up my phone to iCloud with 100 GB of space.

I have copied all photos up to May of 2021 to my Windows 10 system and put them on a couple of thumb drives. I cannot find a way to delete those I've backed up efficiently. Apple wants me to do them a few at a time. I doubt I'll live long enough to do so.

Anyone????

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Deleting Photos from iPhone XR

Post by stuck »

I don't have an iPhone (or any other smart phone) but a Google search on your phrase:
    delete photos by date range from iphones and ipads

returns this page as the first hit:
    https://www.lifewire.com/bulk-delete-im ... ad-2740750

Does that help?

Ken

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

BobH wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 00:15
Does anyone know if there is a way to delete photos by date range from iphones and ipads?
Hi Bob. What better way for me to kick off the New Year than by coming up with a solution that has probably nothing at all to do with your situation? :clapping:

I am spared the agony of having an iPhone or iPad, and instead get by with a couple of Android phones.
With such phones I plug them into my laptop and in Windows File Explorer I can see a list of files.
Untitled.png
OK. Using "burst" mode was probably a mistake because I took 26 images in less than a minute, but the point is that within Windows File Explorer I can sort the list any which way, see the details or thumbprints (or whatever) and delete as I would any batch of files.

My question for you: Doesn't an Ipad hook up with an iPhone and do much the same thing?
Worst case would be to move images in ad-hoc batches to new folders on your IPhone, then process the folders, one by one on your iPad, and then overwrite the old iPhone folders with the trimmed-down folders from the iPad?
Cheers, Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 19:14
...26 images in less than a minute...
I've never put the burst mode of my camera to the test because at 10 frames per second it would generate 600 images in a minute :flee:

Ken

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

stuck wrote:
03 Jan 2023, 19:19
... it would generate 600 images in a minute :flee:
:clapping:
Ken, have you considered a downgrade to your phone?
Cheers, Chris :evilgrin:
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

ChrisGreaves wrote:
04 Jan 2023, 14:41
...have you considered a downgrade to your phone?
Err, no, as that would be beyond a downgrade because my phone doesn't have a camera.

Ken