iPhone 13 Pro - Using Google Search

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

iPhone 13 Pro - Using Google Search

Post by hlewton »

Recently I have noticed that when I use Google search the results are no longer spoken to me. Apple could not help me even though I am fairly certain this feature stopped working after one of the last 2 IOS 15 updates. I now have IOS 16.0.3 installed on my iPhone because it was suggested by the iPhone support personnel. Also suggested was to uninstall and then reinstall the Google app. I did all that and in addition I checked the settings for the Google app and its Voice and Assistant. The feature "Spoken Results" is turned on. I have done the following steps trying to fix this; I turned the feature "Spoken Results," Off, rebooted the phone, I turned the feature "Spoken Results" back on, rebooted the phone, I deleted the Google app, I reinstalled it, I loaded IOS 16.0.3, repeated the steps above and nothing makes Google speak to me on a reliable basis. By that I mean, if I ask it a question about the age of someone famous, it usually speaks to me but not when asking it a question of any other kind. It gives me results but only in text form. Apple suggests I contact Google. To do that I had to download Google One app on to the iPhone. Then when I tried to get help by either chat or email, Google wanted me to pay a fee for storage on its cloud. I have no need for that nor do I want to pay a monthly or annual fee to get help with this problem.

So, I am right back where I started from last night in not getting voice replies to my queries using the Google iPhone app. Any idea what I can do, in addition to what I have already tried, to get the voice replies again?

BTW, this is not specific to my iPhone alone, at least not in my household. Google is acting the same on my wife's iPhone 13 Pro, as well.

Another BTW, we have 2 old iPhone 6ss (not sure if iPhone 6ss is the plural of an iPhone 6s or not) but we have 2 of them. Though we can no longer make calls or receive texts messages on them, my wife can still use them connected to our WiFi to play her games saving wear and tear on the new phones. In any case, when we ask Google a question using the iPhone 6s, it replies with a voice as it always did and as the iPhone 13 Pros used to do.

Again, any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: iPhone 13 Pro - Using Google Search

Post by HansV »

Are you sure sound on the phone hasn't been muted?
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: iPhone 13 Pro - Using Google Search

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 19:19
Are you sure sound on the phone hasn't been muted?
Nope it sure hasn't. As I mentioned, it does speak to me with the briefest of answers like the age a a famous person. Ask it anything more complicated and it's as silent as a mouse in church. Google has even had a couple app updates in the last few weeks and it still doesn't work as it should.
Regards,
hlewton