RonH
SilverLounger

Google on Android

Post by RonH »

I have this notice on Google Account/Security Check Up:

Remove your account from Android
Android
Inactive for 977 days
You haven't used Google on Android in 977 days. Remove this device so that it no longer has access to your account.

What is this/is it OK to remove? It does not detail any specific device but perhaps relates to a replaced device eg smartphone.
I would appreciate advice.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Leif
Administrator

Re: Google on Android

Post by Leif »

Typically, if I sign in to Google (e.g. Gmail) on a new device, I get all sorts of warnings and requests to verify so that Google knows it is me, and remembers the device I logged in on.

If I get a replacement Android mobile and log in to Google (e.g. Gmail) on it, after a while Google will tell me that the 'old' mobile is still registered as a recognised device, but hasn't been used for x days.

I suspect this is what you are experiencing. You stopped using an Android device 977 days ago, and Google is kindly reminding you that it would still recognise that device as being 'you', and perhaps you ought to remove it from your account for security reasons.

(It can be helpful to name your mobiles with something you will recognise in the future, e.g. "RonH's Samsung S10".)
Leif

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Google on Android

Post by RonH »

Thanks Leif,

I hit the 'remove' button which hopefully has nothing to do with my present Android devices, all of which are still listed.
All my devices are named automatically when they are registered but perhaps this 'forgotten one' being old did not get named.
As you say, when changing devices you get so many warnings etc ... the good thing is that Google advise should an unrecognised device attempt to access account.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.