"Introducing Windows 8": An Overview for IT Professionals

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

"Introducing Windows 8": An Overview for IT Professionals

Post by John Gray »

"Introducing Windows 8": is a Microsoft Press 6.4 MB PDF containing the first 11 chapters of a forthcoming book. The full book will be available in the future, it seems.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Re: "Introducing Windows 8": An Overview for IT Professional

Post by BobArch2 »

John Gray wrote:"Introducing Windows 8": is a Microsoft Press 6.4 MB PDF containing the first 11 chapters of a forthcoming book. The full book will be available in the future, it seems.
Thanks for the link John. I acquired W8 Pro when it was first released and just placed it in "inventory". It was sold for the introductory price of cdn$69 and I could not resist. With the release of W8.1 and W8.1 Update with some of its deadlines, I decided the time was ripe to bite the bullet and install. My W7 Ultimate system is on an Intel SSD drive so I decided to upgrade the system drive to a Samsung 840 EVO SSD drive to facilitate a clean fresh install. In preparation, I have read all the forum messages and think I am ready to grab-the-tiger-by-the tail and get on with the task. :flee:

I will report back in a few days when the new environment is up and running.

Thanks again...
Regards,
Bob

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

You may be interested in the updated book - Free ebook: Introducing Windows 8.1 for IT Professionals.

Joe
Joe

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

JoeP wrote:You may be interested in the updated book - Free ebook: Introducing Windows 8.1 for IT Professionals.

Joe
Much appreciated Joe. Might have to delay the implementation for a few days while I read both eBooks to ensure I do not miss anything. :cheers:
Regards,
Bob

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

John Gray wrote:... The full book will be available in the future, it seems.
Thanks John and Joe.
I wonder if this would have changed my perception of Win8 if it had been available (to me) last July.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

The Windows 8 e-book has been available in final form since November 2012 as a free download.

Joe
Joe