Bean Sprouts and DVD-disc spindles

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Bean Sprouts and DVD-disc spindles

Post by ChrisGreaves »

So, you have used all the DVDs or CDs on that spindle?

Don’t throw the spindle case away.
Home_IMG_20180106_145336628.jpg
Grab your little crafting hacksaw, or steal one from a construction site while the guys are all at lunch.
Home_IMG_20180106_145357688.jpg
Cut the plastic shaft at the base and discard it.

Drop a tablespoon of Mung Beans into the clear plastic lid, fill with cold water, screw on the base, and let it sit for twelve hours.

Twice a day, rinse and refill until the beans begin to sprout. Thereafter, rinse and drain.

You can fill the container by directing the tap water through the small hole in the centre of the base.

You can effect drainage by loosening the screw-on cover and standing the assembly on its side in the sink. It will drain away in about five minutes.
(next post)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Bean Sprouts and DVD-disc spindles

Post by ChrisGreaves »

(continued)
Home_IMG_20180111_093700069.jpg
About four days later you will be rewarded for your efforts. Healthy greens, rich in vegetable protein. And not a trace of manure or compost. So no E-Coli.
Home_IMG_20180111_093713904.jpg
They look even better when viewed without the lid.

I shall replace the lid and pop the container in the fridge. Sprout salad for lunch, I think.

Cheers
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

Claude
cheese lizard

Re: Bean Sprouts and DVD-disc spindles

Post by Claude »

Great idea Chris, let me stock up on DVDs before they go the video-cassette way...
Cheers, Claude.