50th. birthday

Claude
cheese lizard

50th. birthday

Post by Claude »

of Nutella means we now need more hazelnuts than ever...
Cheers, Claude.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: 50th. birthday

Post by Rudi »

Happy BD to the nutty spread!
I've only bought 4 jars of this spread ever, and three of those 4 were consumed entirely by my son.
At least I have tasted it a few times to know what it's like. Its nice, but nothing to rave about! :crazy:

10 things you might not know about the choc spread
  • The product that became Nutella was created by an Italian bakery owner called Pietro Ferrero in the 1940s. He decided to try and create a cheaper alternative to chocolate, which, due to the
  • Second World War, was in short supply. It was made by combining hazelnuts, which were easily available locally, and a little cocoa.
  • The product began life as a solid block called pasta gianduja which could be sliced and served on bread, but later evolved into a spreadable version called Supercrema.
  • The Nutella name came about as a result of combining the English word ‘nut’ and the Latin suffix for sweet – ‘ella’.
  • The Nutella name was introduced in 1964, when the product was first introduced to the UK. It now outsells Marmite.
  • For many years, Italian shops would offer children who came in with a slice of bread a free smear of Nutella to put on it.
  • In 2012, French proposals to increase tax increase on palm oil - one of Nutella's main ingredients - sparked an international row. The amendment became known as the 'Nutella tax'.
  • At the start of 2015, one jar of Nutella was sold every 2.5 seconds worldwide.
  • In 2013, five tonnes of Nutella worth about 16,000 euros (£13,600) was stolen from a parked van in Germany.
  • You could circle the globe 1.4 times with the amount of Nutella produced in 2013.
  • Nutella is made by Ferrero SpA, which was owned by Michele Ferrero - Pietro Ferrero's son - until his death in February 2015. He was thought to have been Italy's richest man, estimated by Forbes to have had a net worth of $26.8 billion. The company also makes Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

Source: The Telegraph
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: 50th. birthday

Post by StuartR »

I find the sugar content of Nutella a bit high for my taste
StuartR