Unsecured Network Connection

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
HansV
Administrator

Re: Unsecured Network Connection

Post by HansV »

hlewton wrote:I really never knew that but assumed the "@" sign only designated who the post was direct to.
It does, but it's a convention used by people who Twitter.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

The issue is that Ken does not like the use of Twitter style attribution of replies, rather than the exact syntax that we each chose.
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Please don't mind me, I'm a dinosaur who is being reluctantly dragged into the world of social networking in order to keep up with his two stucklings. I really enjoy The Lounge because we all talk proper 'ere and don't use any of this @nonsense.

Stuart knows this so I suspected he was just making a joke at my expense when he said "@Ken", hence my "it's c@ching" quip and my tears when you also used the @sign.

It's all good fun.

Ken

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

I don't twitter, use Facebook much, or any other social networks so I really had no idea what was going on. As a matter of fact that is the first time I ever used the "@" sign and I do belong to another forum that is mostly political topics. I think I have seen it a couple times there. Again I just assumed it was an accepted way of posting and meant nothing by it.
Regards,
hlewton

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

hlewton wrote:...Again I just assumed it was an accepted way of posting and meant nothing by it.
Ken, I guess I did mean to poke fun, and I do hope that you did not take offence at this.
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

@StuartR
Absolutely not! Why on earth would I do that? I think I understand the humour of this place well enough by now :razz:

Now that's sorted, what was it this thread was about?

Ken

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

stuck wrote: Now that's sorted, what was it this thread was about?Ken
Well changing the security to WPA2 did nothing to correct the situation. I still got the "unsecured" connection notice even after changing it. I'm choosing to believe it is no big deal. :smile:
Regards,
hlewton