AT&T U-Verse

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
CharliesDaughter
Lounger

AT&T U-Verse

Post by CharliesDaughter »

We moved our office recently and AT&T talked my boss into installing U-verse Internet. I realized after they had done the installation, we had lost our networking, and Network Magaic, the software I was using which came with our router, no longer works.

I called AT&T who, after 45 minutes on the phone with a tech, then informed me that U-verse doesn't support file sharing, and I would have to speak with their "highest level of technical support" which is a company named Connectech - a pay for service company which in fact, is AT&T's "highest level of technical support".

I find it difficult to understand a company who doesn't tell you this when they are trying to sell you on installing U-verse Internet and I highly object to now having to pay to get this back.

Does anyone out there use U-verse Internet? Have you experienced this problem? Does anyone know if it can be fixed?

Thanks.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: AT&T U-Verse

Post by JoeP »

If I'm understanding what you are asking about you should be able to install your own router or switch between the AT&T device and your network. The AT&T device should just provide the internet access for your router. There should be nothing that AT&T can do to prevent you setting up your own LAN. As long as your router will work with U-verse, the router may just need some configuration to get internet access. See if any of the links at router setup for at&t u-verse help.

Joe
Joe