How they are monitoring network in organization

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

How they are monitoring network in organization

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Dear Community,

In organization how they monitoring networks. How they block websites and how they monitoring which website seen mostly by all users. I am trying to access google DNS website. Even that website also blocked in my organization. Is it possible to list out all the websites and set a rule to block. What way they are doing. I am wondering to learn. Please tell some useful study materials.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: How they are monitoring network in organization

Post by StuartR »

Typically this is done by intercepting all outbound network traffic with a proxy server that is placed between the intranet and the external internet. This sends allowed requests on to the target systems, collects the responses and sends them back to the originating user.
StuartR

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Thank for your kind reply sir. But my doubt is how they are setting outbound rules. For example if we want to block social networks it will be limited. But how they are listing out all websites and setting rules. Is there any category to block websites.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

How you configure your proxy server is very dependent on the exact product you are using. Here is one example.
StuartR

BOOBALAN.V
5StarLounger

Post by BOOBALAN.V »

Thank you sir.