Determine Which Network Wifi Printer is On

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
BobH
UraniumLounger

Determine Which Network Wifi Printer is On

Post by BobH »

We have 2 wifi printers, a Canon and an HP. I can generally print to either one from my desktop, but my wife cannot print from here iPad/iPhone to the HP which is the one we have set up for general use. When given the Choose Printer option in iOS, neither printer appears.

Thinking that it might be possible that her idevices are using the 5G wifi but the printer might be set up to use the 2.4G network, I was trying to find out which network the printer is attached to. I cannot find network information in Windows7 that will tell me (but that is probably from my not knowing where to look). Searching has not yet turned up and answer. The printer display information doesn't tell me either. Is it possible to find this information in Windows?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Determine Which Network Wifi Printer is On

Post by JoeP »

Joe

jolas
3StarLounger

Re: Determine Which Network Wifi Printer is On

Post by jolas »

If the model of your printers support airprint then that the easiest way to print from an ios devices. If not then this page may help you print from a non-airprint printer.