I'm not worried about Certificates, but ...

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

I'm not worried about Certificates, but ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

FTPing.png
I've been using FileZilla to FTP to my domains for, I would say, at least ten years.
I have been using this laptop for about three years.
I have been using this laptop to FTP from Trinity-Bell (Thank you! Northam Development!!) for about three years.

No problems.

Today when I log in to my domain using FileZilla FTP I receive a popup that tells me something about Salford, Manchester, which rings a faint memory from childhood days over 60 years ago.
I accepted the certificate (clicked "OK"), but now I am puzzled over why, all of a sudden, FileZilla should ask me.

I have not (yet) updated to the latest FileZilla.
I have been on FileZilla 3.18.0 since 2016, judging by the copyright notice.

That is, to the best of my knowledge, nothing at my end has changed.

Could the change be, say, with the wonderful folks at the company (Northam; Trinity Bell) that supplies me with free WiFi?

Thanks
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

HansV
Administrator

Re: I'm not worried about Certificates, but ...

Post by HansV »

I assume that it concerns the certificate of the server that hosts your website. But I have no idea why it would have changed (the certificate appears to be valid from 2015 to 2018).
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: I'm not worried about Certificates, but ...

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:I assume that it concerns the certificate of the server that hosts your website. But I have no idea why it would have changed (the certificate appears to be valid from 2015 to 2018).
Thanks Hans. I am in the middle of rebuilding my Win7HP system, so I'll see if it comes up again once the laptop is back on its feet.
I realized too that this was coincidental with the Manchester/Salford bombings, but I don't think this is related :flee:
Cheers
Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace