catalog of username/passwords

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

catalog of username/passwords

Post by ChrisGreaves »

No wonder users get confused.
I thought I knew what I was doing until this morning (lightning took out the telephone service, so modems etc. have had to be reset).
I keep a Word document with my password information handy, and this morning learned that I have the following username/password combinations recorded:
ModemThe modem has a username and password; this is used to sign on to the modem to effect changes, or to make it active after pressing the recessed reset switch on the underside.
Or to change the:Wireless identifier and password
Or to change the:Home Network management Username and password.
ISPMy ISP is Bell Canada (but not for much longer). For that I need a Bell.ca user name and password so that I can log on to the web site and learn about my account.
I have an ISP user name, the infamous “b1” identifier, and it too comes with a password.
ISP MailFor incoming mail (via Sympatico.ca, the ISP mail) I have a mail user name, then I have two distinct passwords, one for incoming mail, and another for outgoing mail.
Domain registrationNow I want my own domain http://www.ChrisGreaves.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, so it’s off to a registration service and waddyaknow, another username/password.
Web hostingYup! If I use a separate service, another username/password. Now they provide me with a mail service, so
Domain mail serveranother username/password, and if I want to FTP files to the web site (of course I do!)
FTP serviceanother username/password. I no longer use WordPress to manage my web pages, because if I did I’d have another username/password, this time for WordPress.
DLGuardYes, I have pay-per-download stuff through DLGuard, so here is another username/password, and it uses a
MySQL databaseSo another username/password.
I'm going back to bed .....
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle