Linksys router and Chrome Remote Desktop

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
weese237
2StarLounger

Linksys router and Chrome Remote Desktop

Post by weese237 »

Hello,
I've had to replace my router, so I purchased a Linksys E1200. My old router was a Netgear.

I never had problems connecting to my work computer using Chrome Remote Desktop. With the installation of the new Linksys, I can't connect at all. Everything else is working fine. I don't know anything (or very little) about networking, so I don't know how to go about fixing it.

After entering the password to connect in Chrome Remote Desktop, I'm now getting this message:
"Unable to reach the host. This is probably due to the configuration of the network you are using." I don't know where to look at "the configuration".

I did some research and found this:
"Check your firewall settings-
Your computer's firewall may be configured in a way that doesn't let the app work properly. Verify that your firewall permits outbound UDP traffic, permits inbound UDP responses, and allows traffic on TCP ports 443 (HTTPS) and 5222 (XMPP)."

I have no idea what that means! :laugh:
Has anyone run into this problem and been able to fix it?

Thanks!
Louise     :smile:

Claude
cheese lizard

Re: Linksys router and Chrome Remote Desktop

Post by Claude »

Hi Loise,

Uninstall Chrome Remote Desktop, reboot, then reinstall it. Hopefully the setup program will fix all the port issues.
Cheers, Claude.

weese237
2StarLounger

Post by weese237 »

Thanks Claude. I'll give that a try when I get home! :smile:

weese237
2StarLounger

Post by weese237 »

Unfortunately that didn't work.

I called our IT guy from our Corporate office and he was able to get onto my PC with GoToAssist and didn't find anything strange. He was also able to connect to my PC using Chrome Remote Desktop from his desktop computer at the office and also his home computer so we determined it wasn't my computer at home at all but actually my work computer! :clapping: So tomorrow, he'll log in there and see what's up with that PC.

Thanks for your help anyway! :thankyou: