NAS USB Printer Port

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
E_OGRADY
2StarLounger

NAS USB Printer Port

Post by E_OGRADY »

I purchased a MEDION P89625 (MD86517) NAS Server and it is configured and works across my network, 2 computers, LaserJet 2100tn, Epson NX430 printer.
There is an Epson RX590 attached via USB to one of the computers (both running XP-SP3).
The NAS Box manual states that you can use the USB port on the back to connect a printer and thus use it across the network.
My question is how?
I have installed the printer driver on the second computer and tried to add a port but it will not happen
Generally I am working off the instructions for the QNAP as there is nothing in my manual.
The QNAP is http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=622
I get to line 10 and am totally confused.
The IP address of the NAS Box is OK and I can ping it, is there any way of pinging (whatever) the USB port?

E_OGRADY
2StarLounger

Re: NAS USB Printer Port

Post by E_OGRADY »

I have solved the issue, I went into the NAS Box via the web browser and found there was a field for the print server, I entered that page and found the printer was there but with a name, I accepted the default and via the information from the QNap site, gave the port the IP address and that name
The port name finished as:

\\197.156.0.7\EPSON_PRT_1

the IP Address is not genuine substitute your own. But the printer name is in fact real

HansV
Administrator

Re: NAS USB Printer Port

Post by HansV »

Good to hear that you found the solution yourself!
Best wishes,
Hans