Extension Router

Networking, connecting to the internet, wi-fi and home entertainment
RonH
SilverLounger

Extension Router

Post by RonH »

We recently upgraded our WiFi router, working with a mobile broadband link to our house and are very pleased with its performance and reliability.
For convenience and range to an outside terrace, I have also connected an Extender Router wirelessly to the prime router. It works well but disconnects around every day and needs resetting. Disconnection is not because of distance between the two units ... I have tested 'close up' with the same result. Could this be something to do with IP address changes at the main router :scratch: Other?
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Extension Router

Post by StuartR »

I would start by searching on the internet for issues that other people have had with this model of router.
StuartR

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Had a looksee before posting.
I think that it may be due to the age of my extender. Maybe time to get a newer model.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Wasn't age but location, location, location.
Our house is two level with router in the living area on the upper floor. I relocated the extn router to the lower floor and it locks on without interruption :smile: even though further from the main router.

It must have been interference from various electronic products such as electricity smart meter, microwave, tv, radio or indeed various pc/mobiles/tablets etc.

Lesson learned.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Good to hear you got it sorted. It's a lesson for us all.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Thanks Bob :thankyou:
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.