Print default

dasadler
5StarLounger

Print default

Post by dasadler »

I do a lot of work in Visio and often have several pages (tabs) in a document. When I print, I almost always intend to only print the current page yet I am working against a deadline and trying to multi-task so I enter the number of copies I need then click print and move to another task.

Aarrgghh!! I come back to find that I am printing 12 copies of an eight page drawing... simply because I forgot to choose 'current page'. So much for multitasking, so much for deadlines.

Is there anyway to make the print dialog box default to current page? I am using Visio Pro 2007.
Don

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Print default

Post by Rudi »

I don't have Visio installed currently so I cannot test this, but apparently clicking the Print toolbar button will print the current page. The default in the Print dialog (as you have mentioned) is to print all.

Further reading seems to inform that there is not way to change the option in the Print Dialog (not sure of a registry hack?), but it is possible to run a macro to print the current page (see code line below) and then use this macro (added as a custom button in a toolbar) instead of going the the actual print command.

Code: Select all

'You will have to change the PrinterName to match what is in use (or try comment it out! - Not sure if it's needed?)
ActiveDocument.PrintOut PrintRange:=visPrintCurrentPage, PrinterName:="LaserJet 1012"
Caveat:
The above code only prints page 1 of the drawing project.
See here for more detailed code to print the active page...
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

dasadler
5StarLounger

Re: Print default

Post by dasadler »

Never thought of using the printer button on the toolbar. You're correct, it does print the active (current) page. Thank you so much.
Don