SharePoint 2013 Survey Ap Questions

Sundog
5StarLounger

SharePoint 2013 Survey Ap Questions

Post by Sundog »

I'm a relative newbie using SharePoint (SP), and am trying to improve a survey that I've created in SharePoint 2013 using its Survey App. So I need some education. Here are some of my questions:

1. Survey Description: The SP page that has "Respond to this survey" shows the survey description as one continuous paragraph, impossible to make sense of. The Settings > List name, description and navigation page, which allows me to enter the description, shows it as I entered it, with line spacings and formats. Obviously we can't allow participants to get to the Settings page. How can I improve the survey participant "landing" page with a formatted description, before they plunge headfirst into survey questions? For example, by placing a block of formatted text above the first question.

2a. Survey Question Formatting: How can I group a question and its associated answers better? For example, with more space between the question and the answers immediately above it, which belong to the previous question. Or by inserting a line between them? Or by boxing the question and answers together? Right now, it's hard to see which answers belong with which question.

2b.The survey questions and some of the answers are shown in Regular font. In our draft survey, all answers to questions with a Rating Scale are shown in Bold face, even though the question is shown in Regular font. The headings for the Rating Scale are shown in a hard-to-read light gray font color. What is desired is all questions in Bold, all answers in Regular, and all Rating Scale headings also in Regular, with black font color. How can I accomplish this?

3. Revised Answers: Let’s say a participant completes the survey. On the following day, after visiting a website, she realizes that she’d like to change one of her answers.

She revisits the survey site from the same computer used to take the survey, and attempts to change an answer.

This is a desirable ability that we’d like our participants to have, even from a computer different than the original one. Is this automatic? If not, how can I accomplish this?

We would want her response to only be counted once, even after her revisions. Is this automatic? If not, how can I accomplish this?

4. Stops and Starts: Let’s say a participant starts the survey. His phone rings, it’s lunch time, he’s called into a meeting, and he returns to the survey three days later after a business trip.

When he returns to the survey, are his initial responses saved, so he can start up where he left off? Is this automatic? If not, how can I accomplish this?

5. Progress Bar: Is there a way to implement a progress bar for long surveys, so it's visible when a participant scrolls to the next page?

I'd appreciate any help, or links to other resources. This question was also posted to http://sharepoint-community.net/forum/t ... survey-app, but has had no responses.
Sundog

HansV
Administrator

Re: SharePoint 2013 Survey Ap Questions

Post by HansV »

I don't know anything about SharePoint, but hopefully this helps with question 1 and perhaps 2a/2b: Formatting Text / Questions in Sharepoint Surveys.

Respond to a survey indicates that 3 and 4 should be possible.

See the reply in survey progress bar for some options for question 5.
Best wishes,
Hans

Sundog
5StarLounger

Re: SharePoint 2013 Survey Ap Questions

Post by Sundog »

Hans, thanks for your research. The links alone are worth my bookmarking, whether or not I can implement their approaches.

Much appreciated.
Sundog