Modern Automobiles

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Modern Automobiles

Post by Bigaldoc »

When I was a very young man I used to do some tinkering with my early cars, like change oil, grease, change and gap plugs and minor stuff like that. In my adult years, the only thing I do with my car is fill it up with gas, put air in a tire if necessary and take it to the dealer for service. Now, you know that I'm an amateur.

My Saturn SUV V-6 is 2½ years old, so this is my third "winter" with the car. On days like today (about 6" of snow and still falling) I really, really appreciate not only my ABS but the "traction control" as well. My previous cars had neither and these are wonderful inventions. The two should be made "almost" as standard these days as automatic shift and air conditioning.

Why am I saying all of this? I took another "snow day" today and canceled my daily visit with my wife. All of a sudden, about an hour ago, I realized I had an emergency trip that absolutely HAS to be made. I wuz outta beer! Down to the corner market I went...

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Modern Automobiles

Post by DaveA »

"What no Beer" you got be kidding, and old timer like you running out of beer, shame on you.
:wartgun: :warts: :weep: :scream:
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living