Sleeping?

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Sleeping?

Post by Bigaldoc »

Yes, yet another cartoon about getting old! This one has a double meaning of (sort of) poking fun at myself.

I like to periodically nap in my recliner too and usually when I do my kitty will jump up and rest between my legs. Once in awhile, she'll walk up and put her nose against my face and I think that she's checking to make sure I'm breathing!

Often, at the nursing home, I see residents asleep in their wheelchair, including my own wife. I have been teased by some of the staff for my "concentration" on such a person to make sure I see movement of the chest. They can usually spot when I have my eagle eyes locked on someone.
old guy napping.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Samantha
3StarLounger

Re: Sleeping?

Post by Samantha »

Bigaldoc wrote:I like to periodically nap in my recliner too and usually when I do my kitty will jump up and rest between my legs. Once in awhile, she'll walk up and put her nose against my face and I think that she's checking to make sure I'm breathing!
Be grateful, Al, that your cat's method of checking on you is so gentle. Try living with a 4 year-old who has been known to whisper, "Grandma, are you awake?" while peeling open my eyelid. Actually, that method beats out her more frequent alternative of leaping onto my stomach, all knees, elbows and giggles. I haven't been able to catch him at it, but I suspect the leap and giggle method is usually prompted by her father, who acts altogether too innocent whenever it happens.
Samantha

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: Sleeping?

Post by viking33 »

Samantha wrote:
Bigaldoc wrote:I like to periodically nap in my recliner too and usually when I do my kitty will jump up and rest between my legs. Once in awhile, she'll walk up and put her nose against my face and I think that she's checking to make sure I'm breathing!
Be grateful, Al, that your cat's method of checking on you is so gentle. Try living with a 4 year-old who has been known to whisper, "Grandma, are you awake?" while peeling open my eyelid. Actually, that method beats out her more frequent alternative of leaping onto my stomach, all knees, elbows and giggles. I haven't been able to catch him at it, but I suspect the leap and giggle method is usually prompted by her father, who acts altogether too innocent whenever it happens.
How about my cat taking perverse pleasure, at about 5 in the morning, charging down the hallway into the bedroom and leaping from about ten feet out, directly up and on to my stomach? Big smile on her face, like saying "Good Morning, it's time to get up and feed me." BTW, I'm NOT a morning person! :bummer:
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.